South Korea’s largest telecommunications provider cuts months from security testing cycles by using the BreakingPoint products to simulate the most current and sophisticated attacks.
Challenge: Harden IT Resiliency Against Damaging DDoS Attacks
Korea Telecom (KT) must constantly ensure the resiliency of networks and data centers, whether their own or their customers’, to continue performing in the face of a wide variety of DDoS attacks. KT needed the ability to quickly test their networks and data centers against the most current and sophisticated attacks such as Slowloris and Rudy.
Solution: Simulate DDoS Attack Conditions at Massive Scale
Using the BreakingPoint product, KT is able to quickly and easily simulate botnet-driven DoS and DDoS attacks in a controlled environment to gain advance insight into the performance of DDoS devices and critical business applications when subjected to large-scale attacks. These capabilities enable KT to find definitive answers to even the hardest questions about how devices and applications will perform in the face of DDoS attacks.
“With BreakingPoint’s ability to easily replicate a current mix of application and attack traffic at the scale of a nation-state attack, we can meet the most challenging DoS testing needs for our clients.”
—Equipment Rental Director, Korea Telecom
Results: Accelerate Testing for DDoS Resiliency and Other Key Enterprise IT Challenges
In the past, KT’s end users could conduct DDoS testing only every six months, because traditional testing gear could not keep up with the rapid evolution of DDoS attacks. BreakingPoint’s automation and ease of use allow KT to carry out DDoS testing in a matter of hours, immediately after the discovery of new threats. With the BreakingPoint, KT can address vital IT concerns across many different contexts, including:
- Proof-of-concept: Validate that security devices can detect and deny DoS and DDoS traffic.
- Capacity planning: Know with certainty how many concurrent sessions or new sessions per second a given device can sustain—and when it is time to upgrade.
- Application performance: Understand how particular DDoS attacks will affect network-based services, application response times, and user experience.
- Infrastructure resiliency: Determine how resilient the infrastructure as a whole is to each type of DDoS attack.
- Defense effectiveness: Know in advance how patches, reconfigurations, or other remediation efforts will minimize risks of performance degradation or service interruption.
- Defense scalability: Find the limits to which infrastructure defenses can scale.
Schedule an Evaluation Today
Find out why the companies with the most at stake rely on BreakingPoint to measure and harden the resiliency of every application, device, network, and data center in their IT infrastructures. Schedule a personalized demo today.