BreakingPoint FireStorm ONE, World’s Only Ultra-thin, Ultra-fast Appliance for Massive-scale Performance and Security Testing Anywhere, Anytime
New 1U device provides industry’s highest rack unit performance density, removing barriers to entry for real-world massive-scale performance and security simulation and testing
AUSTIN, Texas — May 8, 2012 —BreakingPoint today made available for shipment the FireStorm ONE™, the world’s first and only single-rack unit device capable of creating the online behavior of every person in New York City and Los Angeles, combined. Harnessing BreakingPoint’s patented network processor-driven platform, the FireStorm ONE is a portable and ultra-compact massive-scale performance and security testing solution. This unique combination of portability and performance allows any organization to perform massive-scale performance and security testing anywhere at any time, using the exact application, attack and load behavior needed to optimize and harden any IT infrastructure. The FireStorm One is the perfect solution for mobile proof-of-concept labs, global cyber war exercises, optimizing 3G/LTE/4G networks, next-generation firewall evaluations and more.
FireStorm ONE: Actionable Security Intelligence anywhere, anytime
Cyber attackers are constantly evolving their mode of assault, and at the same time networks are under the strain of latency-sensitive applications and dynamic user behavior. The traditional approach of simply reacting to attacks and traffic evolution is costing organizations billions. BreakingPoint’s Actionable Security Intelligence (ASI) solutions create and control global threats and application intelligence for massive-scale simulation and testing, enabling organizations to predict and prevent the impact of attacks and changes in network traffic. The FireStorm ONE now makes it possible to achieve this level of advanced insight and protection to be achieved anywhere, anytime.
The FireStorm ONE is the only solution to meet the performance and portability needs of equipment vendors, enterprises, and government and military organizations:
Equipment vendors use the FireStorm ONE to:
- Establish scalable and transportable proof-of-concept labs for customer evaluations using their unique traffic scenarios.
- Reduce time-to-test to minimize costs and accelerate development of network and data center devices.
- Optimize and harden mobility network equipment to deliver next-generation devices.
Enterprises use the FireStorm ONE to:
- Evaluate network equipment to choose the right device for their unique networks.
- Right-size data centers and virtualized infrastructures for peak performance and capacity use.
- Continuously validate performance and security to avoid IT risk as their networks change.
Government and military organizations use the FireStorm ONE to:
- Train and certify cyber warriors to predict and prevent attack.
- Perform on-the-go cyber security research and simulations to keep ahead of the latest threats.
- Deploy global compact cyber ranges in order to harden critical communication infrastructures.
Using one appliance, one interface and only one rack unit, the FireStorm ONE can create:
- 40 Gbps of blended stateful application traffic and live attacks.
- 30 million concurrent TCP sessions.
- 1 million TCP sessions per second.
- 8 Gbps of SSL encryption with any cipher.
- 12 million concurrent GTP tunnels and 8,000 eNodeBs.
- And scale to unlimited performance needs.
BreakingPoint Actionable Security Intelligence (ASI) protects enterprises, service providers and government agencies by providing global visibility into emerging threats and actionable insight to harden and maintain resilient defenses. With the exclusive ability to capture and control global threat intelligence at Internet scale, BreakingPoint delivers the only products capable of battle-testing IT infrastructures, training cyber warriors, tuning systems and policies, and transforming security processes to be proactive and effective. BreakingPoint bridges the gap between IT testing, monitoring and operations, delivering advance insight to harden highly dynamic converged and mobile networks, virtualized data centers and applications.